Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Queen Bey.

oh my god we saw Beyonce.
in the flesh.
and it was amazing.

i was at work last thursday when i got a text from my cousin Erin, asking if i wanted to go to the Liffey in downtown St. Paul to try to win tickets for the Beyonce concert.
"mehhhh... i don't like traffic," was my response. i don't like traffic?! who says that??
in my defense, we'd be going at 4:30 (yuck i hate traffic), i doubted we'd actually win, aaaand i changed my mind relatively quickly after realizing that the concert was that night. win or lose, i'd get to hang out with this lady for the night:
awww! cousin heart squeeze!
it almost felt like a lucky night from the get-go. it only took us 15 or 20 minutes to get there. we parked in a sweet lot a block from the Liffey and the X. I met Falen from the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show, which i listen to religiously. i got to catch up with my world traveling cousin. and then... they pulled her name out of the box! out of like 30 or 40 people, they picked Erin! floor seats none the less! 
i, of course, missed the whole thing. she had gone up to hear the names being called while i stayed at our table... doing this:
taking an embarrassing amount of selfies and creepy pics of Erin pre-win. do i even have lips in this picture? weird.

fast forward to amazingness:



she stomped, she belted, she smiled, she warmed my soul.
she was perfect.

life is but a dream, beyonce. life is but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment