Monday, October 14, 2013

keep going.

i saw this on instagram the other day. 
i haven't been the best with my program (a weekend of helping my parents move back into their house equaled a weekend of pizza and beer) and after eating poorly and missing a meeting or two, i sat in the Medifast waiting room, scrolling through various social media outlets, when i came across this. it so resonated with me that i reposted it. my name was called, i walked back, and didn't get the news that i was wanting to hear. i put a smile on my face, "next week is my week!" i said, and left, driving furiously to trader joe's. i should've put an APB out on myself, "crazy lady on a diet driving south on 169. didn't get good news from the scale. drivers beware." but alas, no humans were harmed that afternoon and i made it to my destination. per usual when you're in a bad mood, no one was navigating the parking lot efficiently and as i talked to kevan on the phone i broke down. "why is it so easy for everyone else? why were you born with such a fabulous metabolism? why is this such a struggle for me?" i parked my car, cried, and he assured me that everything will be ok. that we'll make a plan, he'll do whatever it takes to help me out, and i felt better. much better.
my point is, overcoming challenges is hard. really hard. but it's even harder when you just up and quit. they always say that the first steps are the hardest. losing weight is hard. you can't just stop eating, like addicts can stop using their vices, because you'll die (duh...), but reminding yourself how much closer you'll be to your goal tomorrow if you're good today... that's worth it. it's worth the hard work and sacrifices. 
you just have to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment